Heavy, contracted work on the property has been stalled for the last two weeks. We’ve done most of what we can do easily without having city inspections. But our permit is held up pending a bond for the Siskiyou street improvements (widening the street and adding a sidewalk). Until we have the bond, we can’t get inspections. The issue is that the conventional path for a bond involves the signature of whoever holds legal title to the property, which has not been forthcoming. Dharma Rain won’t hold title until the land is paid off. We’ve spent a month looking for alternate scenarios that don’t require cooperation from the seller. We have one option available to us right now, and two other leads that could still pan out. Frustrating setback, but we’re almost through it.
There are a variety of miscellaneous tasks we can do without inspections, so those will be happening in the meantime. However, this delay will probably push back the time when buildings are ready for use.
There won’t be a Saturday work practice day till August 2nd, but smaller scale projects are happening in the mean time. Wednesdays are a reliable day if you want to join us for a morning or afternoon of communal work practice. There are a wide variety of tasks, depending on interest, skills and physicality.