Buddha and the Environment
Several items of interest on the environmental front have surfaced recently. First, there is a spring series of classes and workshops that DRZC is sponsoring (in connection with a grant) here at Siskiyou Square. Check out these great opportunities to learn more about our own piece of the earth.
Second, the SZBA recently adopted a Statement on the Climate Crisis. Take a look. The statement concludes with Five Principles of Green Life:
- Protect the green of the earth; the earth is the home of life.
- Do not waste water; it is the source of life.
- Do not waste fuel or electricity; they are the energy of life.
- Keep the air clean; it is the plaza of life.
- Co-exist with nature; it is the embodiment of Buddha.
It behooves all of us to pay attention to these principles as we strive to embody the Buddha every day.
Third, the Dharma Council is looking at a series of Wednesday evening classes for spring 2017 exploring the Dharma of Nature. This will be an entirely new series now being developed by several interested teachers. Watch for more information on that as we get closer.